Canvassing Team Leads
If you have an outgoing personality, love chatting with people and working with volunteers, we need you!
Reporting to the designated manager, canvass team leads use their interpersonal and communication skills to work with volunteers engaging Albertans on issues affecting them, and how Rachel Notley and Alberta’s New Democrats are fighting for Albertans!
Responsibilities and Activities
Work with volunteer door to door and phone canvassers throughout the province and talk to voters about the Alberta NDP’s policies and candidates.
- Interact with the public on a regular basis through door to door and phone conversations
- Communicate campaign information to the public
- Solicit feedback from the public
- Answer general election and campaign related questions
- Track responses on issues and concerns of the public, questions, and any feedback from individuals on a case-by-case basis
- Support local candidate teams to build personal relationships with residents and the public through quality, personal interactions.
- Ensure that volunteers are performing all tasks in line with NDP values and expectations
Communicate with the central campaign to ensure messages and feedback can be incorporated in the central and local campaigns.
- Communicate after each shift the information that you have gathered from the community to your team lead
- Ensure confidentiality of all reports, correspondence, and information within the team.
- Communicate contentious issues to the supervisor.
Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in public outreach, customer service, sales, or front-line services representing an organization.
- Ability to project a professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and respect for confidentiality.
- A knowledge of political process and current events.
- Adaptability to a challenging work environment and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team environment, take direction, and problem solve.
- Applications Due February 12, please submit to email@example.com
- There will be a three-part interview process.
- Successful applicants will receive up to 40/hours a week at a rate of $20/Hour